Federal Government DMARC Solutions
Providing Visibility & Protection Into the Cloud
DMARC, which stands for “Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance”, is an email authentication, policy, and reporting protocol. It builds on the widely deployed SPF and DKIM protocols, adding linkage to the author (“From:”) domain name, published policies for recipient handling of authentication failures, and reporting from receivers to senders, to improve and monitor protection of the domain from fraudulent email. In brief:
- DMARC allows domain owners to signal fraudulent messages
- Mailbox providers use DMARC to detect and block fraudulent messages
- Organizations can use DMARC to filter incoming messages
As DMARC continues to accelerate and Cloud IT becomes the norm with multiple third-party emailers sending on your agency’s behalf, email authentication is key to protecting the agency from impersonation attacks. Impersonation attacks prey on victims’ familiarity with your organization’s email domain and are much harder for end-users to detect. DNS was not built for modern authentication standards, however, and most organizations have found the authentication process difficult because it’s not just a simple configuration project. Email authentication is an ongoing operational activity that must be maintained. User training can help reduce your organization’s vulnerability to domain spoofing, but DMARC adds a strong layer of defense to keep domain-spoofing attempts from ever hitting inboxes.
- Cofense PhishMe provides the ability to condition employees’ security behavior to all email-borne social engineering attacks through immersive education delivered through our Software as a Service (SaaS) platform.
- Symantec Email Security Service – Government is a FedRAMP Authorized cloud service that provides inbound and outbound messaging security including powerful protection against the latest messaging threats for Microsoft O365 email, Microsoft Exchange, and Google Gmail.
- Valimail, the only DMARC solution that is FedRAMP Authorized and guarantees DMARC enforcement for protected domains, provides an automated, cloud-based email authentication solution that fixes the limitations of email authentication standards (SPF/DKIM/DMARC).